System Learning Specialist
Camp Fire's Promise: Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within.
Summary: Responsible for supporting learning and development needs for the Camp Fire network through online, in-person, and virtual training. The System Learning Specialist will oversee the ongoing creation and delivery of comprehensive staff training and professional development through Camp Fire’s learning management system, training calendar, and resource materials, aligned with Camp Fire’s program framework and industry standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee system-wide learning management system, including site administration.
- Work as a team member with Camp Fire National Headquarters and council staff to define educational needs and analyze distance learning options.
- Design a scalable instructional strategy that includes frequent changes to learning opportunities, including asynchronous online courses, webinars, and training materials, to address all functions of youth development programming and effective nonprofit governance and management, in particular supporting council leaders and staff who desire to explore more complex, research-based theory and practice.
- Develop and implement ongoing strategy for Increased NHQ and council collaborations including the facilitation of peer learning communities and dissemination of Camp Fire councils’ innovative and entrepreneurial successes throughout the system.
- Facilitate trainings and provide support training materials to ensure effective use of Camp Fire curriculum and program materials, evaluation instruments, and program quality assessments.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in learning theories and technologies, positive youth development and implications for Camp Fire youth and staff.
- Provide regular reporting and communication to Director, Program Effectiveness.
- Develop web-based multimedia, interactive e-learning courses incorporating theories of adult learning and interactive training techniques, focused on areas of need for increased capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Child Development, Education, Instructional Technology or related field, master's degree preferred, or a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training in instructional design; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in current best practices, research and trends in instructional design.
- Experience facilitating small and large groups of adult learners, both in person and at a distance.
- Strong analytical skills in data collection and analysis. Knowledge/experience in understanding statistics, educational research methods, and outcome evaluation tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team and independently.
- Experience managing individuals and/or project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with multimedia and instructional design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, webinar software, digital video and audio editing software.
- Experience developing and publishing audio and video files for the web.
- Experience editing websites using WordPress.
Approximately10-15% travel within the United States is required.
Thisposition may be housed at Camp Fire National Headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri,or it may be based out of a home office.
Annual Salary: $58,000 – 65,000 annually. Camp Fire offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
As one of the nation’s leading youth development organizations, Camp Fire takes pride in its long-standing commitment to providing programs and services to all youth and families. Camp Fire works to realize the dignity and worth of each individual and to eliminate human barriers based on all assumptions that prejudge individuals. Designed and implemented to reduce sexual, racial, religious, and cultural stereotypes and to foster positive intercultural relationships, in Camp Fire, everyone is welcome.
Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.