Director, Strategic Partnerships
As a key member of the Camp Fire National Headquarters/Heartland team, the Director, Strategic Partnerships leads efforts to secure financial support for Camp Fire programs delivered within the five county Kansas City region. Success will be achieved through the creation and execution of a two-fold financial development plan. First, the plan will include fundraising strategies targeting individual, corporate, and foundation giving. Second, the plan will include strategies to acquire contracts for program delivery including camp, environmental education, in-school programming, and afterschool programs. In addition, the Director actively engages alumni and key external partners.
- Achieve annual fund development goals through targeted prospect, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Lead planning and executation of annual Absolutely Incredible Kid Day event.
- Manage the research/identification process for major gift prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations. Lead the successful completion of grants and funding proposals when required.
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with in-kind sponsors leading to recurring and significant support for specific campaigns, initiatives, and programs.
- Ensure regular and targeted cultivation activities and communications with prospects, donors, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Participate in Heartland’s annual planning process.
New Business Development
- Develop new program partnerships with a focus on fee-for-service programs (parent pay) with a secondary focus on contracts with schools, park districts, and other potential partners
- Identify and cultivate potential program partners by continuously growing and leveraging a prospect pool.
- Build relationships with decision makers within the pool of prospective partners.
- Set up meetings between prospect decision makers and Camp Fire leadership.
- Work with team to develop marketing materials and proposals that speaks to client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Recruit and enroll new participants to increase overall number of participants.
- Nurture and support existing partnerships.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with Camp Fire staff to insure client satisfaction.
Business Partnerships and Fundraising Operations
- Interpret, define, and communicate purpose, benefits, and goals of Camp Fire’s Programs to the community.
- In cooperation with Camp Fire Heartland’s Program Executive, determine what industry functions, such as association events and conferences each should attend.
- Provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Ensure complete and accurate reports pertaining to prospects, community partners, grants, solicitations, sponsorships through SalesForce.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports through a well-designed Moves Management/Sale Pipeline process.
- Limited travel required, including nights and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, business development, marketing, or related field strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of successful fund development and/or sales experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional verbal communications; including ability to tailor approach to needs of the individual/audience
- Exceptional written communications; including reports preparation, funder proposals, and targeted correspondence
- Ability to listen for content and unstated needs/expectations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to “close the sale”
- Analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to engage and work with diverse individuals and groups
- Experience with use and management of CRM database. SalesForce preferred.
- Compensation: commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package