Part Time Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Director, Finance and Administration
Department: Finance and Administration
Assists with various accounting, payroll, and human resource activities by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accounts Payable
- Collect, code, and get proper approval on all AP invoice and employee credit card statements
- Enter processed AP invoices and credit card statemetns into accounting program
- Participate in the bill payment process by matching checks with invoices, assuring checks are signed, and delivery/mailing of payments.
- Cash receipts
- Responsible for the processing, balancing, and recording of all daily cash receipts and lockbox deposits.
- Make all daily electronic deposits of checks received at HQ office.
- Process all daily credit card payments
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash funds
- Inventory Accounting
- Process merchandise orders, inventory adjustments, and item maintenance in the online store
- Conduct annual warehouse inventory
- Enter and upload bi-weekly payroll into accounting program
- Human Resources
- Process all new employee background screening
- Responsible for the verification of the completion of all new hire paperwork
- Administrative support for the Chief Business Officer and Director of Finance and Administration
Associates degree from college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, spreadsheet software, and accounting software. Individual should have moderate typing and ten-key skills.